Our security guards are recruited with strict criteria to ensure the best performance and operational output during missions while maintaining flawless cooperation with the vessel’s crew.
Our Company utilizes English-speaking candidates with very good health condition and psychological profile and prior service in the Armed Forces, mainly in the Special Forces. TMS security guards minimum criteria, on which the pre-employment process is based, are as follows:
• Personal Sea survival Techniques (PST), as per STCW A-VI/1-1
• Marine Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (basic fire fighting), as per STCW A-VI/1-2
• Elementary First Aid (basic first aid/CPR), as per STCW A-VI/1-3
• Personal Safety and Social Responsibility (PSSR), as per STCW A-VI/1-4
• Security Awareness, as per STCW A-VI/6-1
l) Full documented CRB (Criminal Record Background) Check.
m) Seaman’s Book or/and Card (if already issued).
Candidates are invited to submit an application and provide certified copies of all of the above documents and certificates in scanned PDF format.
Successful applicants will be required to provide all of the above documents and certificates to TMS Manning Office when called forward to interview.
Before you submit an application, please be sure that you meet all of the above requirements, as failure to do so will result in the application being rejected. Also be sure that you fully understand and accept the principles and standards of the following documents:
• ICoC (International Code of Conduct) for PSSP (Private Security Service Providers).
• Voluntary Principles.
• UN basic principles on the use of force and firearms by Law Enforcement Officials (1990).
• BMP4 (Best Management Practices for protection against Somalia based piracy)
The initial evaluation of candidates is based on their application data. Only suitable applicants will be invited to an interview.